A clean installation of Windows 8 BIOS setup with screenshots
All about how to enter the BIOS (F1, F2, F10, Del, Esc) and change BIOS settings.
What the key you can press to run a disc or flash drive. How to create and format partitions and more...
- Define a problem without reinstalling:
- How to create an install disc: ISO to DVD
- How to install Windows 8 from USB
- Reinstall Windows 8 to Windows 7
- Main steps before Windows 8 installing:
- A Windows 8 clean install through DVD or USB:
- Improve a security and performance of PC after installing Windows 8
Install Windows 8 on a computer and format the hard disk during installation
What is a Windows 8 clean installation... It's a process of booting the Windows 8 installer manually without using Windows OS (BIOS settings: booting from CD/DVD) and formatting the hard drive during installation. Then the old operation system will be removed. Otherwise, booting the Windows 8 installer automatically using Windows OS is not a clean installation, because the old operation system will not be removed fully and you'll have problems of compatibilities in the future.
- A clean installation: Turn on PC - BIOS settings (boot from CD/DVD) - Installation
- An installation: Turn on PC - BIOS settings (boot from HDD) - Operation System (OS) - run CD/DVD - Installation
Backing up personal files, passwords and a list of PC components
The personal files and passwords - a data backup is the main step before a Windows 8 clean installation (copying and archiving the personal files and passwords). Backup programs help to do it. Also simply to know the passwords when you have used Mozilla Firefox. Open Mozilla Firefox and click Tools - Options - Security - Saved Passwords - Show Passwords. Make a PrintScreen (press Prt Sc key), then open Paint program, press Ctrl+V and save as .jpg format.
A list of PC components - for example, a sound doesn't work on your computer after installing Windows 8. Then find the name of adapter in the list of components, next type the name of components in Google search (realtek sound driver download Windows 8), download and install a sound driver.
Everest Home Edition program helps to make a list of components easy and carefully. Type in Google search - Everest Home Edition download, download, extract and run this program.
In the opened Everest Home Edition window click Report - Quick Report All pages - HTML - Save To File. The list of PC components is done.
If you do not have a list of PC components and a sound of PC doesn't work right now, then you need the program SlimDrivers or finding drivers by vendor. Windows 8 installation is made with formatting of hard drive, which guarantees reliable operation of your PC.
How to create Windows 8 CD/DVD (Nero or CDBurnerXP has installed) - burn (don't copy) an image .ISO to the CD/DVD.
1. Nero: run Nero, then click Backup - Burn Image to disc
2. CDBurnerXP download: run CDBurnerXP, click Burn ISO image - OK, in the opened Burn ISO Image window click Browse and show the way to Windows 8 image - Burn disc.
Also before installing Windows 8 check a status of the hard drive for bad sectors (when they are, repair them) and set up BIOS (basic input/output system) settings AWARD BIOS for PC. Next, we consider - installing Windows 8 - BIOS setup for notebooks (Phoenix Amibios).
The Windows 8 clean install process - step by step
Insert the Windows 8 install disc to CD-ROM, close the opened Window, restart PC.
When PC is starting, press F2 - the BIOS Amibios setup window is opened
select the line "Boot Device Priority" and press "Enter"
select "1st Boot Device" and press "Enter"
select "CD/DVD" and press "Enter"
select "2nd Boot Device" and press "Enter"
select "Hard Drive" and press "Enter"
You must watch this window:
1st Boot Device [CD/DVD]
2nd Boot Device [Hard Drive],
press "F10" and press "OK"
Install Windows 8 Windows 7 Windows XP
Windows 8 installing is starting - Press any key to boot from CD
Windows 8 setup loading files
choose the language to install, the time and currency format, the input method
Windows setup window - click "Install now"
setup is starting...
enter the product key to activate Windows without dashes - click "next"
accept the license terms and click "next"
choose the clean installation to create and format partitions during installation (clean copy).
Delete, create and format partitions - click "Drive options (advanced)"
delete all the partitions
select Disc 0 Partition 2
Disc 0 Partition 2 is selected - click "Delete" - delete the partition
select the last partition - Disc 0 Partiticija 1
Disc 0 Partition 1 is selected - click "Delete" - delete the partition
create a new partition - click "New"
type the size of partition (MB) - click "Apply"
the system is reporting: Windows might create additional partitions for system files - "OK"
select unallocated space - Disc 0 Unallocated Space
create the next partition - click "New"
type the size of partition (MB) - click "Apply"
click Format, then select Disc 0 Partition 2 partition,
Disc 0 Partition 2 is selected - click Format - next
the Windows 8 installation is starting
Windows needs to restart to continue
The system shows follow steps: 1) Personalize, 2) Wireless, 3) Settings, 4) Sign in
1) Personalize - enter the name of PC and click "next"
2) Wireless - click the name of your WI-FI
2) Wireless - when a check box is checked, then PC will connect automatically - click "Connect",
when you don't see the name of your WI-FI, then Windows 8 doesn't have a driver of WI-FI,
click "Connect to a wireless network later",
enter the password for this network and click "Connect",
select Use express settings,
input your e-mail of Windows Live account - "next"
The Windows 8 installation is over
Power options - press Windows Logo+R, type in the open box: control click OK, then System and Security-Power options-Change plan settings, in the opened window make changes like this example. Then click Save changes.
How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool - a very important setting of PC performance -
press Windows Logo+R, type in the open box: control click OK,
then System and Security-Administrative Tools-Defragment and Optimize Drives,
in the opened window Optimize Drives click Change settings,
in the opened window Optimize Drives make changes like this example (below). Then click OK.
Scan for anti spy - a very important setting of PC performance and security. In Windows 8 installed an anti spyware tool "Windows defender" -
press buttons Windows Logo+F, click Apps, type in the text box a name of anti spyware tool - Windows defender and press Enter.
In the opened window Windows defender, select scan options (quick or full), then click Scan now. In a second time a Windows 8 will scan your PC automatically.
Turn on Windows 8 firewall - press Windows Logo+R, type in the open box: control click OK, then
System and Security-Windows Firewall-Turn Windows firewall on or off, in the opened window make changes like this example (below).
Then click OK.
- Make the system image and the system recovery disc for Windows 8 System recovery after system troubles.
The Desktop theme changes - press Windows Logo+R, type in the open box: control click OK, then click Change desktop background, in the opened window select some theme or indicate any, click Browse.... Select the position of picture Stretch (if a theme too small) or Fill, then click Save changes.
These Windows 8 settings will ensure security and performance of your computer.
The essence of the whole process - Windows 8 installing from USB - preparation of the USB flash drive.
The easiest way to does it - free program Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool - download
- insert a Windows 8 disc to CD/DVD ROM and a USB flash drive to USB, then close all the opened windows (Windows setup and flash drive);
- Install and run Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool - click START - WINDOWS 7 USB/DVD DOWNLOAD TOOL - Browse;
- Browse the way to the .ISO file of Windows 8 (CD/DVD ROM (exam. DVD-RAM Drive(E:))) and Next;
- Browse the way to the USB flash drive (exam. Drive(F:) and run (don't forget backup all the files from USB flash drive before this process)), click USB Device-Begin Copying;
- insert the flash drive to USB, reboot PC, when PC is starting press Esc (Asus) or F12 (Acer) and open popup menu (for other PC see in the instruction), select USB Drive and press Enter
- the popup menu is opened, select Boot from USB and press Enter. Further an installing of Windows 8 from USB is similar to the normal installation.